Planning a solo trip can be exhilarating and nerve wracking! It can be particularly hard to book your first solo trip, so we’ve put together 60 incredible quotes of courage to encourage and support you to travel solo. These travel quotes have been selected to motivate you to book a trip, encourage you if you have any doubts and empower you to see the world! We’ve travelled to many locations solo and found great inspiration from these solo travel quotes. We hope you do too!
QUOTES OF COURAGE WE LOVE AND LIVE BY
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, which means, for no cost to you, I earn a commission.
Quotes of courage for all solo travellers
These quotes of courage are for all solo travellers. Males, females, the young and the old. These courageous quotes will have you online and planning a solo trip before you know it! We particularly loved quote 7 when travelling solo in Nepal.
1. Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, it also pushes you out of the zone of others expectations.- Suzy Strutner
2. Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-Paulo Coehlo
3. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? – Vincent Van Gough
4. You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort. You cannot choose both.
6. What good are wings without the courage to fly? – Atticus
7. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anais Niu
8. You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.
9. You can’t test courage cautiously. – Annie Dillard
Best travel quotes to combat fear
Fear is a real emotion, particularly when planning your first solo trip. When I travelled solo to Malaysia it was quite unexpected. My travel partner became ill and was unable to travel. These quotes encouraged me to confidently go on my first solo trip and I’ve never looked back! Combat your fear with these courageous quotes.
11. She who is brave is free.
12. He who has overcome his fears will truly be free. – Aristotle
13. The fear of facing your fears is harder to overcome than the fear itself. – Anon
14. Fear is the brain’s way of saying there is something important for you to overcome.
READ | Our experience as a solo female traveller in Malaysia
16.Your largest fear carries your greatest growth.
17. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
18. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
19. Wake up every day stronger than yesterday. Face your fears and wipe your tears.
PEP TALK : HOW TO MANAGE TRAVEL ANXIETY
Courageous quotes to encourage self belief
Whether you’ve booked or you’re still planning a solo trip you can most certainly have moments of self doubt. These solo travel quotes will help you recenter, regroup and see that you have got this! Fear and self doubt is just a part of your journey of growth! Before you know it, you’ll be leaving group travel behind and confidently exploring by yourself. It just takes a little self belief, practise, oh and of course these supportive travel quotes!
21. You are entirely up to you.
22. You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.
23. Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up.
24. She believed she could so she did.
READ | The benefits of joining a group tour when travelling solo
26. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – A.A. Milne
27. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. – Winston Churchill
28. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do, and at some point, you will. – Venus Williams
29. It’s not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves. – Sir Edmund Hillary
Solo travel quotes for solo female travellers
As women we’re often taught to be frightful or fear the unknown. Whilst packing smart and taking sensible precautions are advisable whilst travelling, there’s no reason that your travels need to be curtailed. You certainly don’t need to wait for travel mates to vacation in your dream destination!
Calm your travel anxiety, feel empowered and book that solo adventure! These solo travel quotes will encourage you to live your best life and take that first solo trip!
31. Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination.
32. I hope fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say ‘yes, women can!’ -Dilma Roussef
33. Never let a stumble in the road be the end of a journey.
34. The question isn’t who isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me? – Ayn Rand
READ | Our guide on managing travel anxiety
36. And if I’m flying solo, at least I’m flying free. To those who’d ground me, take a message back from me. Tell them how I’m defying gravity. – Wicked
37. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.
38. As you travel solo, its inevitable you will discover how capable you truly are.
39. Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. – Lewis Carroll
READ | About solo travel in Nepal
Travel adventure quotes to inspire you to step out of your comfort zone
Whether it’s your first solo trip or you’re upping the adventure level, the best travel comes when you step out of your comfort zone. The best travel quotes in this scenario encourage you to picture your future self. These brave quotes help you to reconsider what you’ll miss out on by going vs future regret at a missed opportunity.
We have both travelled extensively and when asked if we regret anything, we both say no. That is because the experience and self growth we gained from travelling was worth it, even if at the time the experience itself wasn’t the best. We stepped out of our comfort zones, we explored destinations our hearts desired and these quotes of courage inspired us along the way.
41. If you want something you’ve never had, you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.
42. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. – Lao Tzu
43. Don’t be the person who is too busy when they are young and too tired when they are old.
44. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
46. Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell. Not stuff to show. – Unknown
47. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. – Oprah
48. Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. – Mark Twain
49. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
Quotes to encourage you when booking a solo trip
Quotes of courage are exactly what you need when booking a solo trip! It can be so hard to click ‘purchase’ on those flights or a tour. We’ve handpicked these courageous quotes to give you the confidence when booking your first solo trip, or to re-inspire you if you’ve travelled solo in the past. Whether you’re booking a long solo trip in Europe or just a short getaway, commit and book your trip with confidence.
51. You are so much stronger than you think.
52. Don’t think about what might go wrong, think about what could go right.
53. If ‘Plan A’ didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters. Stay cool.
54. If you never go, you will never know.
READ| Pack smart for a weekend getaway
56. Book the ticket, buy the bikini. Never look back.
57. If not now, when?
58. Live life with no excuses. Travel with no regrets.
59. Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.
BOOK | Your flights on your solo adventure with SkyScanner
The best travel quotes for solo travel
The best travel quotes for solo travel are motivational, inspirational and encourage you to get out there and live your best life!
These are our absolute favourite quotes of courage that inspired when I took my first solo trip and then to continue to travel throughout Europe solo.
So, inspire another female traveller and leave one of your favourite travel quotes in the comments below!